Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Thursday 19th April - Antalya to Fethiye

Another day in this beautiful and surprising country. Today we put on our swimmers and drove down to Saklikent Gorge where half of us went tubing down the river and stopped halfway for a mudbath/fight.

As I had a wetsuit on I didnt bother changing from my undies into my swimmer shorts but soon realised I should have thought ahead... Turns out when we stopped to play in the mud, we had to take the wetsuits off... Well, I wasn't gonna miss out on that sorta fun so, as embarrassing as it was, I ended up running around in my Miss Piggy undies... Sorry guys - no photos for that one...

After lunch we visited a carpet weaving factory and learnt how to tell the difference between wool and silk rugs and how to spot a fakie.

I fell in love with a pretty flowery one (not pictured) but at approx AUD$1200 before shipping, I had to let it go...
We're in Fethiye tonight and tomorrow. It's a cute little town on the coast surrounded by huge mountains which I'm gonna have an aerial view of tomorow when I go PARAGLIDING!!! WOOHOO!!

No comments: