Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Saturday 28th - Istanbul & Sunday 29th April - Cairo TOPDECK

I said farewell to Istanbul and a few straglers from my tour on Saturday morning and caught the transfer bus from my hotel to the airport. I may have already mentioned this but Turkish drivers are CRAZY and I assumed the crash position more than once on that trip...
Finally making it in one piece at the airport I checked my stuff in and boarded my flight on route to Cairo. The cheapest flight I could find a few days earlier went via Milano first and I had a four hour stopover there before flying out and getting in to Cairo at 3am on Sunday morning. If you ever have a stopover at Milano, be prepared to be bored. There's nothing there and every internet terminal I found was broken...
On my flight from Milano to Cairo I was lucky enough to score a window seat on the exit row but was soon silently freaking out during and after takeoff as everytime we hit a bump or turbulence, the emergency exit door would creak louder and louder until I was sure it was gonna open...


Safely back on land in Cairo, the Topdeck rep met me at the airport, arranged my visa and transferred me to the hotel. I plonked into bed at about 4.30 am and have been handwashing clothes and sleeping for most of the day. The rest of our tour group met this evening to discuss the finer details of Egypt and the tour. It's gonna be a busy week but looks excellent!!

No comments: