Saturday, October 30, 2010

Queenstown


What an unforgettable, incredible, panoramic and adrenalin packed day.
We start with the picturesque flight to the Milford Sound and subsequent cruise and flight home. The flight was pretty bumpy - (silly pilot - for those who know my previous quotes about pilots and bumps you'll understand) - but otherwise the views were enough to distract the white knuckle gripping of anything available (and thats a good thing considering I was in the front on the way back...).
The cruise was breathtaking and we even saw a few penquins and seals. Given the amount of rainfall they get in the Milford Sound, we were very lucky to have a reasonably sunny day.
Upon my return and a light lunch, I gondolla'd up the hill, soaked up the view and somehow managed to point my feet in the direction of the AJ HAckett platform for my bungy jump and swing...
Let me just say - skydiving was a zillion times easier!
For the bungy once I was strapped into the harness I had to run and jump... The fall was only approx 40 metres but I tell you what - those few seconds were very, very long!!!
The bungy was then followed immediately by the swing which is much the same as the bungy cept its a swing and you have to pull a pin to make it release... I found this much harder than the run and jump method but survived it all the same.
Needless to say once I gondolla'd back down the mountain, I made my way straight to a pub and partook in a few bevvies before locating Hells Pizza and discovering the best flavour pizza in the world - chicken, camembert and cranberry!!
Anyways, I need to start having a look at some maps now to find out where I'm going tomorrow. I'm thinking south again but there's a couple other interesting options popping up which I need to investigate.

No comments: