Sunday, February 11, 2007

Manilla


The last five days have been spent at the NSW Titles hang gliding comp in Manilla, NSW. I wasn't flying but was happy to head up, help out and have some fun. It's been a great week with lots of flying and the comp being a success. Comp organiser Monica has done a fantastic job and should be very proud.

The weather during this week was a mixed bag and even had the experts guessing. I got to Manilla on Wedneday arvo after driving through bucketing rain and later that night we were treated to a spectacular thunderstorm and lightning show. Most afternoons for the rest of the week saw a good downpour in the evening returning a touch of green back to the dry paddocks and some smiles on the locals faces. I think that in the grand scheme of things this rain was welcome by all parties even if it effects our flying.


By Saturday arvo, a touch of the sillies had set in with Monica and I taking Tigger out on some adventures... On the left, he's ready to pounce from some long grass at the airport where Keiro landed. The shed there was full of all sorts of goodies for Tigger to play on including a jetski, a tractor and a ride on mower... Tigger also accomponied us to the presentations that night and may have participated in a few too many bevvies as evidenced in the pic below...

Four more sleeps before I leave this country for the first time... The excitement is starting to build but so are my nerves... And as for packing - oh my god... I haven't started yet but if I had a car boot full of goodies for five days, how on earth am I gonna survive with a backpack for three months???... Eeeeek.....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Tink, just checkin' out your blog.. I hear these things are REALLY popular.. Your pics are quite tiny (or moreover, your quite tiny in them), but I can make out that you've grown your hair back - awesome, chica! :)

Sean.

Anonymous said...

Damn, I spelt the second "your" incorrectly. That's a shame - it's saved in your blog now. :)

Enjoy your travels and glides and the not working etc.