Sunday, December 30, 2007

Madrid

This is day 3 in Madrid and I´m loving this place. Its got a kinda feel to it between London and Amsterdam with a temperature to match. Its only about 8 today...
Christmas in Mexico was great. We had a 5 course dinner at the hotel with the other guests and one American family remarked it was just like their Thanksgiving back home. If thats true I might just have to end up in the US for Thanksgiving next year just for the food...
I left Mexico on Boxing Day for a 10 hour overnight flight to Madrid. I´m starting to think I´ve filled my quota of good flights as I didnt get any sleep on this one thanks to being squished in between a window and a woman half my size taking up half my chair... This wasn´t helped by the gut flipping turbulence...
When I get to the hotel I´d booked in Madrid the nasty BIATCH at reception told me I didnt have a reservation and basically told me to get stuffed... Turns out Trafalgar decided to change hotels (not surprising given the service level from this rude cow) but they had taken the liberty top change my reservation to somewhere else without telling me... Not happy Jan as I´d already forked out 25 Euros to get to the first hotel... GRRRR....
Anyways... I´m now happily settled in to my new 5 star hotel and have been wandering round the city and finding some nice treasures... My tour officially starts tonight so fingers crossed I´m not a third of the age of the rest of the travellers.... Eeek...

No comments: