Sunday, December 16, 2007

La Paz

This is my third night in La Paz and this little city (pop approx 3mil) is growing on me a little more every day. First impressions were pretty disappointing especially after Puno and Copacabana but we´ve done a little exploring here and its not so bad...

Now, I´ve only got ten minutes before we´re booted out of this internet joint but I have to tell you about my totally awesome day yesterday...

I rode down the infamous Death Road and have lived to tell the tale. This mountain bike ride is 64km´s long and is about half asphalt highway and half gravel and rock and is almost completely downhill with huge drop offs along the mountains of the Cordillera Real.







From approx 4600m asl, you descend about 3600m from snow capped mountains to the lush jungle below. We only had 5 people come off their bikes and I´m happy to say I wasn´t one of them (all boys!!!) and there wasn´t any serious injuries.







Sooooooooo much fun!!!!! I wanna go again!!!





I´m in La Paz now til Monday then I´m off to Mexico City via Lima. I have a 12 hour stopover there so I´m hoping on finding the day spa my tour guide recommended... Hopefully I´ll be allowed to leave the airport...

No comments: