Thursday, December 13, 2007

Copacabana, Bolivia

I'm not quite sure why we're staying here today as once again there isnt much to this town. It has a hippy coastal feel except we're still 4000m above sea level in the middle of South America... At least this place isnt as dry and dusty as Puno and the hippies make for an interesting crowd to watch over a beer.
We leave for La Paz tomorrow via a 2 or 3 hour bus ride and I'll finally be able to collect my new credit card from the hotel there. Thankfully I took two with me and only one got stolen by those feckers in Lima. Speaking of things those feckers stole, they also got my immigration card from Ecuador to Peru so I had to fork out a USD$20 bribe to border control here to let me out of Peru and into Bolivia... So much corruption here but hey - it works...
The sandfly bites on my legs are still pretty chronic and I've gone through two tubes of ointment stuff to help stop the itch but its just insane... Please god dont let them scar coz it wont be pretty...
My only other complaint is the altitude. The last week or so I've been feeling like I've had someone sitting on my chest and tend to wake up at night gasping for air. Really looking forward to getting back close to sea level... And sleeping in....

No comments: