Tuesday, March 13, 2007

TOPDECK Munich, Rhine Valley and Amsterdam

Friday - Prague to Munich
Yet again another beautiful city. Biggest highlight was seeing the Glockenspiel clock going off over Marienplatz and seeing the Salt and Pepper towers where the Devil stamped his foot.
Then it was time for dinner and drinks in the famous Hofbrauhaus Beer Hall!! Huge roast pork and Sauerkraut meal washed down with a couple one litre steins of beer made for a truly awesome night and one fat belly!!

Saturday - Rhine Valley
Oooh, another of the reasons for doing this tour!! Today we meandered through the stunning Rhine Valley and went through St Goar and Bacharach and stayed in an authentic 12 century castle!! Mum, I'm happy to say there were no ghosts in there and since there wasn't much else to do we were all in bed by 10pm...

Sunday - Amsterdam
Well I've finally made it!! And still in one piece after many long nights and painful mornings and Amsterdam was to be no exception... Our busy day started with the clogs and cheese tour before hcecking into our festy hostel and charging towards the Heinekin Brewery. Now pleasantly tipsy we had an evening walking tour through the Red District before heading into the "Moulin Rouge" for a live sex show... OH MY GOD!!! Definitely an eye opener here... It seems our tour company has a good "business" relationship with this seedy club and 4 of our unfortunate (??) fellow travellers and Robbie all got taken up on stage... Credit goes to Kristy for taking the first bite of the babana... Off to some nightclubs after this and for the first time in years I managed to stumble into bed at 7am, completely missing the bike tour at 9am... Oops =)
At lunch time I mosied from our festy hostel into the city with my first stop at the Anne Frank House. Very moving experience. I must admit I didnt know much about her story until now but I'll definitely be investing in a copy of her book when I have some luggage room...
The rest of the day was more moseying around the streets, checking out the sights and people watching. Its a busy little city but if I came back I think I'd like to see more of the country. At this stage I've seen so many churches and galleries and architecture that its time for a change in scenery...

No comments: