Thursday, March 15, 2007

Dublin to Derry

Back on the road again today with a new tour company and new travel buddies... I really loved it in Dublin last night and didn't think Northen Ireland could top it but boy was i wrong... Today we've been through Trim Castle (where some of Braveheart was filmed), Loughcrew (with ancient cairns older than Stonehenge), Enniskillin and Omagh and we've now stopped in Derry. The history in this place is so different from what we've been hearing about in Rome etc and alot of it is much more recent. I have to admit I've been ignorant of "the troubles" in this country but having had our walking tour guide give us a thorough history has really opened my eyes.

Tomorrow we are off to Belfast via the Giants Causeway and can't wait to see what other exciting adventures come out of it!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Possum, Did you get me msg? Happy Birthday 29yrs? I haven't had cheescake yet, but Tonight family dinner might fix that! Everyone sends their love and jealous thoughts for all your adventures!.
I can't wait to see those photos especially of the standing stones!

Maybe you could snog an irishman! DO IT NOW! Use the pub techniques we worked on, Love! Jen & Co