Sunday, March 18, 2007

DERRY TO BELFAST, BELFAST TO DUBLIN

DERRY TO BELFAST
Once again I dont really have the time or resources to write up anything interesting as its St Pats nights 8.30pm and there's a room party going on upstairs... Might have to introduce them to Beerpong...

On Thursday we drove along the Antrim Coast covering Dunluce Castle, the Giants Causeway and Carrick-a-rede Rope Bridge. Giants Causeway has an awesome historical/mythical story involving a giant called Finn McCool and you can just imagine how life was in Dunluce Castle so many centuries ago. Its so trippy thinking all this stuff happened so many years before Australia was even discovered!!!

Happy Birthday Jen for the 15th =) Love ya babe!!!

BELFAST TO DUBLIN
Happy Birthday to me... =)

First thing in the morning we took a Black Cab tour of Belfast going through The Falls and the Shankill giving us a better appreciation to "the troubles" plaguing Northern ireland and how these issues still effect their daily life. I've been so ignorant to these things before and feel ashamed not to have been aware of their dramas.

After leaving Belfast we bussed on through the Mountains of Mourne stopping at the Legananny Dolmen which is a 5000 year old tomb. This predates Stonehenge and the story involved in its creation is so romantic... Lunch was at Carlingford and then we dropped into Monasterboice - a monistic burial ground still used today covered with high celtic crosses. We then crossed the River Boyne and came into Belfast where our tour guide Karen has left us to our own devices until Monday...

Today both the entire bus and the entire pub sang Happy Birthday to me. This has gotta be the best birthday I've ever had!!!

DUBLIN - Saturday - *** St Patricks Day ***
Hmmm... there was a bit of a sleep in this morning considering the amount of shots partaken in last night... My head was very sore during the St Pats parade down the main drag and I had my first ever panic attack when I was nearly crushed and suffocated in the crowd afterwards... A couple of Bulmers later and all was sweet so we meandered down to the Woolshed. This pub was full of Aussies and Kiwi's and we managed to watch all three games of the 6 Nations before coming back to the hostel.

There's currently a room party going down while I do my laundry and for some reason this stupid computer wont let me access my emails so if anyone has wished me happy birthday for yesterday I'll thank them very much in advance. I miss you all!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You big day sure sounds like the best. A bigger one still next year! Love you Missey xxx Ma&Paxx