Monday, March 16, 2009

Birthday Weekend



For those in the know, I had my 31st birthday today. One of my bestest mates Jen came over from Perth for a fly by weekend visit and also celebrate her birthday (15 March). The picture above is looking over the Merewether Baths here in Newcastle. My new home is going to be about 3 streets away from the baths and the beach here (pictured below)!!




Saturday night saw a bunch of us at Monicas house for a wee birthday and bye bye party. Birthday cake pictured below. Visiting German pilot Katha is heading home on Tuesday - first class but at a high price. Best wishes to her for a speedy recovery and that we see her back here next Summer :)




A couple weeks ago Stu bought home this little beauty. Her name is Jaz and shes an Indian Ringneck parakeet. We've been wolf whistling at her since she came in and I finally heard her repeating it today. Too cute!




Now - some very important news... Due to unforeseen circumstances, Jen and I havent been able to locate a new venue for Sticky Date Pudding. Our inability to even get to Goldbergs left me going on a search through the local supermarket for a quick and easy fix... What i found was absolute GOLD. Homer Hudson has released a flavour called "Digger" with Anzac biscuit pieces and honeycomb icecream... I highly recommend this to anyone who likes icecream, anzacs or honeycomb. The combination of all three will be very, very addictive!!




To wrap todays entry up, I'll say this. I have a feeling that 31 is going to be a very interesting age. If the unpublishable events of this weekend are anything to go on we're going to be in for a wild ride and to this I say... BRING IT ON!!!!

No comments: