Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Nasca

Okey dokey.... Have I had some more adventures or what?...

After having Bill leave the tour in Huanchaco we moved on to Lima and met up with the new people on our tour as well as saying farewell to some of the existing members. The only original (Galapagos) members now is me and Micky with Rich, Kerry and Timmy (from Quito onwards) staying on too. Bella and Jodes have gone on to Cusco to start the trail but we should meet up with them again in Cusco after they have finished and before we start...

Lima was a nice city but once again I have some tragic news to pass on...

Ted has now also left the tour however it was not of his own decision... He was nesting happily in my bag with my camera, purse, passport and mobile when some lovely fecker decided my bag would look better on him... We were eating in a restaurant and I had it the strap over my chair and the bag on my lap however the sneaky prik has still managed to take it away...

So... After two hours, lots of swearing and a cop statement later we got to the consulate and ordered me a new passport which is due to arrive in Arequipa or Cusco soon so I'll be legitimate again.... Fingers crossed it arrives or I wont be leaving the country much less doing the Inca Trail...

Is it wrong that I'm more upset about losing Ted than the financial loss of a phone and camera or even losing all the photo's since Quito?...

Anyway, we're now in Nasca and I'm looking forward to the flight over the Nasca Lines tomoro before we go on to Arequipa on an overnight bus... Everything is all good. I still have some cash and cards as well as maintaining my sense of humour and I'm still looking forward to the rest of my trip!!!

No comments: