Friday, January 04, 2008

Granada, Valencia

The Tapas dinner in Seville was soooo good. I´m gonna have to introduce a Tapas night back home so you all get to have an idea why these folks love it sooo much...

Tonight we´re in Valencia after staying in Granada last night. Both cities seem really nice but we only really saw them in the evening before dinner and the sun wasnt even up when we left in the morning.

As soon as we arrived in Granada we took off to a place called Alhambra which our guide claims is Spains 8th wonder of the world. It was like a palace with beautiful gardens and was certainly very pretty but I´m getting kinda church, cathedral and gardened out... Ducky had a great time there tho as it was raining and there were some pretty fountains for him to drool over...

Then after dinner we were taken to another part of there city where we watched some Gypsy cave dancing. These Gypsies aren´t the same as what you´d see in Rome begging on the streets but rather they are hardworking, honest people with strong traditions and family values. Their dancing is quite similar to the flamenco dancing we saw on New Years Eve however there is a kinda of chanting/singing accompanying the guitar as well as a constant but varied kind of speed clapping to the beat and matching the dance. Very cool.

Today was mostly driving altho we did stop to have a look at the cave homes that the Troglodyte (yup... thats right...) people live in. Very small and cosy but I dont think I could handle having a room without a window...

Tomorrow we are off to Barcelona via a town called Pensicola and once again arent expected to get in until its dark altho we have some activites planned for dinner and a night tour. I cant wait to get to barcelona. I´ve heard so much about it, I hope it lives up to my expectations... :)

I dont think I´ll get a chance to update tomorrow and since we´re like half a day behind here I´ll say HAPPY BIRTHDAY to Azza now. See ya soon Bro!!

No comments: