Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Happy now Kiero??? :)

Once again I'm giving in to peer pressure to update my blog... There's been one particular constant whiney voice asking me over and over again so, in order to shut him up so he can get back to work, here 'tis...

Its been about a month since I've last written anything and thats pretty much because I haven't been doing anything but here's a highlight or two...

A couple weekends ago Monica, Kiero and Tigger came down to Batemans Bay for a wee visit... I did my best not to give them any high expectations about the place so I dont think they were too disappointed... Friday night was full of margarita's, mid-strength bundy, pole dancing, Johnny Cash and falling down stairs... I admit I may have been the twat who fell down the stairs but I had nothing to do with the pole dancing... :)



Saturday day was a nice cruisy day having lunch in the sun at the Starfish Deli with the above view followed by a visit to the Bay City Cinemas (woohoo...) and checking out The Simpsons movie (spider pig, spider pig...). Saturday night we elected to stay in again (technically coz we were too lazy to go out...) and watched Hot Fuzz after having heard way too many depressing country music songs and Deliverance references...

Sunday gave us yet another beautiful day so a game of Putt Putt / Mini Golf was a must. I dont think the good people at the Batemans Bay Mini Golf course have ever seen, or ever will see again, an inflatable animal taken for 18 holes but I gotta say Tigger had as much fun as us!!




Stroke of the day had to go to Monica for her smasher off the third tee... As the photo above shows, she went way, way, WAY out of bounds and had to leave the course to retrieve her ball from the road about 30 metres BEHIND the tee...


After watching Hot Fuzz the night before, we had determined to re-introduce the saying "By the power of greyskull" back into the english language and Hole #7 gave us some inspiration... Kind of...

The rest of the course provided some great laughs and the rare hole in one for both me and Mon altho Kiero never quite caught on to how do that... :P

At the end of the day bragging rights were solely mine with Kiero coming in second last and Monica deserving an honourable mention... :)

Last weekend I moved back up to Newcastle as my parents have returned home from their adventures. At this stage I'm not going to the snow anymore but thats OK coz in a couple of weeks I'll be heading up to the Whitsundays to lounge around on a boat for a week or so... Noice!!!

No comments: