Monday, January 22, 2007

A bit about me...

Hi All!!

Lately my life has been a complete roller coaster ride. Lucky for me I love roller coasters so I've sat back, gotten comfortable and enjoyed one hell of an awesome ride. Even luckier for me, there doesn't seem to be an end to this wicked ride in the near future.

Last year I made the decision to hit the road and experience some of what else this planet has to offer. I sold my house, left my job and set off on this fantastic journey of discovering more about myself and the world and although I left many loved ones back in Perth, not for one day have I regretted my decision.

After driving from Perth to Newcastle, I have been residing in Newy and enjoying this beautiful little gold mine of a town. I've had several little adventures since being here and have done many things I would never of dreamt of before. My biggest accomplishment so far has been to learn hang gliding... The experiences and opportunities I've had with this incredible sport continue to amaze me as do the people involved. What a fantastic, friendly, encouraging, dedicated community to belong to!!!

In February I will be jetting off to Europe with the ultimate goal of being in Gallipoli for Anzac Day. This blog has been set up to follow my journey - i guess as a diary for me and amusement perhaps for anyone else =)

One thing I know for sure - I'm not about to start screaming "Get me off this ride!!" any time soon...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I remember the days of 'who wants to travel the world, aust has it all! - it's true Aust has a bit of everything, but the world has soo much culture to see!

I'm soooo 'proud' of you Tink in a 'freddy got fingered way! (tom green joke)
Wish I was there Jen;0)